The Great Server Migration
It’s time. My old Digital Ocean server, used for everything, was getting old, crufty and scary.
142 packages can be updated. 109 updates are security updates. $ cat /etc/os-release NAME="Ubuntu" VERSION="16.04.7 LTS (Xenial Xerus)" ID=ubuntu ID_LIKE=debian PRETTY_NAME="Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS" VERSION_ID="16.04" HOME_URL="http://www.ubuntu.com/" SUPPORT_URL="http://help.ubuntu.com/" BUG_REPORT_URL="http://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/" VERSION_CODENAME=xenial UBUNTU_CODENAME=xenial
Not great. Thats really old. Theres a TON of stuff on there though, but it’s time. So I spun up a Gentoo box on Linode and got to work. Heres more or less a list of services that live (or will soon live) on the new box:
As much as possible, the ones that require daemons or servers will be gentoo-ified. I’ll explain that in a later page. Some have already been done.
- IFF Link Aggregator
- PDX Burrito Review
- shithouse.tv - includes all the secret bumps, too
- OlegDB Homepage
- TODO logproj - The weird, DIY logging project.
Some older #IFF goodies:
- TODO scooper-bot
- Also needs webhooks for automatic deploys.
- TODO kyoto.io - My defunct startup idea
- TODO meta.infoforcefeed.org - The old metaforcefeed calendar/idea tracker
- IRC - autologins, IdleRPG setup