Hong Kong Day 4
- Woke up around 7. Decided to go to the peak.
- Tried to eat breakfast at the iconic bar, but they weren’t open.
- Decided to seek breakfast elsewhere. Grabbed a fish cutlet bun and a donut from a place called the Yamakazi bakery, coffee from Starbucks and went to the little square outside of our building.
- Went to the peak. Nice view, didn’t want to pay the fee to get to the top of the terrace thing so we found somewhere else to view from. Got out just as the Saturday morning crowds started to show up.
- Went to Sham Shui Po again to look at the toy shops and what-have-you. Picked up some souvenir-ish things and left after a couple of hours.
- Went to Ippudu for a late lunch
- Now back at the building.
No plan for the rest of the day. I think I’m ready to go home.
After that it occurred to me to look into the local street fighter scene. I did. I decided to head out to GameZone in Mong Kok to check out the competition. The arcade is love. Nothing beats the shit out of the international language barrier like Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v.2012. I hung out there and burned through about 40HKD. Met a Canadian, won some, lost some. Good times were had.
After I went home, did a little 1 mile jog and took a shower. I took some Dim Sum Claire had bought at the place near our hotel, bought an Asahi beer and consumed them on the roof while reading The Terror. This is a beautiful city. I really like it here.
- The elevator door close button actually does something in this country
- You accrue spare change here like a dead-beat dad accrues debt
- You’re allowed to smoke in arcades, so people were doing it around me. My clothes smell terrible.