2016 In Review
- Deadlifted 3-pl8 (315 lbs.)
- Rode 1000 Miles, mostly off-road. Documented it.
- Travelled quite a bit. Went to Seattle a handful of times, Shanghai, Qingdao.
- Did a road-trip down the west-coast and climbed at Bishop. Saw Joshua Tree. Ate tacos in Pheonix. I went all over.
- Did my first bikepacking trip(s) (So many different places)
- Did my first multi-pitch climb. I didn't lead it, though.
- Stayed a few days on a boat and sailed through the Peugett Sound, visited a few of the San Juan Islands.
- Camped out at a weird secret spot behind Mt. Hood with 9 other friends, experienced Gresh-fest.
- Pickathon (Awesome)
- What the Festival (Not as Awesome, still fun)
- Raced at the velodrome
- Raced cyclocross a couple of times (Just a bit)
- Learned to sew, made a bikebag and sold it for money.
- Hosted a fight club (twice!) in a warehouse for a few friends of mine.
No real new projects this year, aside from the blackdog website which is kind of a kludge. It did what it needed to. shithouse.tv project of the year all years.
- Didn't focus on lifting as much as I wanted to
- Didn't race more
- Didn't code enough
- Didn't write/read enough
- Stopped Climbing and boxing
- Still no side business. I want to make some money somehow.
- No art projects
- Didn't go to as many shows as I would've liked
Goals from Last Year
- Succeeded Revive the Lost Kids Ride (At least for a few months. It was good.)
- Failed Throw an unsanctioned race or two (I did wear a dress at an alley cat my partner hosted, though. That was fun.)
- Failed Be able to hold a free handstand for a minute (Stopped caring.)
- Succeeded Get the hell out of the country (Went to Shanghai, Qingdao)
- Failed Continue boxing, rock-climbing
- Succeeded Race Track
- Unsure Read more Books
- Succeeded Create something that isn't code Clothing, sculpture, some kind of interactive art piece, sketching/drawing. (I learned to sew! Made a bunch of bags.)
- Failed Use all of the paint
- Unsure Camp in the dome again ( I mean, I camped NEXT to the dome)
- Failed Don't drink at all (Let's try full straight-edge!)
- Failed Journal every day (I got quite a few days but not all of them)
- Unsure Take more pictures, like 2013 (I did take a few pictures)
- Failed Pass CHN203 (The time came and went and I didn't sign up)
Goals for 2017
- Side-business/passive income. Making things or something.
- Get bodyweight up to at least 165
- Improve Vertical Leap
- Squat 315 lbs.
- Race more Track
- Read more Books
- Go on more bike adventures (short 2-3 day trips or longer trips)
- Ride 10k miles.
- Get in trouble on the packraft
- Turn the MR2 into an adventure machine
- Visit China/Taiwan/Hong Kong again
- Journal Every Day
- Longest ride (non-stop): 70-ish miles on the Trask route
- Longest ride (stop-to-stop): ~1000 miles from Vancouver, B.C. to Klamath Falls, OR.
- Weight: ~158lbs
- Commits: 799 total (still falling from a high in 2014)
- Longest Commit Streak: 5 Days (I'm so monday to friday now)
- 314 Journal Pages across 3.5ish journals. More than last year!